Platinum Ceylon Sapphire Ring
This gigantic platinum features a Ceylon sapphire, which is an indicator of a higher quality sapphire stone. It features:
- Ceylon sapphire is 7.29 cts.
- Surrounding Diamonds total in at 1.29cts.
Here is a brief rundown on sapphire quality ratings (names based on origin) from worst to best;
- Australian – Dark it looks like ink. Very opaque. Home shopping club, mall store type quality…
- Thai – Medium rich color, semi transparent. The best most people usually see…
- Ceylon – Usually a bit lighter than Thai , with a very transparent and beautiful color
- Kashmir – Honestly I don’t know, I’ve never seen one. There is no new production from any of those old mines… The classic description is a silky light to medium blue. I’d love to see one some day.